Monday, September 04, 2006

Great Croc Hunter Salutes Irwin



Khalid Hassen, who had shot dead more than 17 000 African crocodiles in a hunting career, which had spanned over four decades, said: "I'm very upset to hear about it. I know that he led a dangerous life, but it just doesn't seem right that a fish should kill him... It is an unfitting death for him.
"I'm a hunter, I'm a killer"
Hassen, a successful Malawian businessman, had probably killed more crocodiles than anyone else, but he said he had huge respect for Irwin and his non-lethal methods of trapping the big reptiles.

Hassen, who hunted at night by boat with a heavy calibre rifle in the waterways of southern Malawi, where dozens of peasants are attacked each year by man-eating crocodiles, said: "He was a conservationist and I'm a hunter, I'm a killer."
Full Article

No comments: